NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
This contest is hosted by the Township of Algonquin Highlands Parks, Recreation and Trails Dept. and Algonquin Outfitters. Referred to as the "Contest Hosts" from this point forward.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the Algonquin Highlands Trails Ski and Snowshoe The Frost Photo Contest at www.algonqinoutfitters.com, www.skithefrost.ca, Facebook or mobile campaign and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Contest Hosts, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Township of Algonquin Highlands and Algonquin Outfitters as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 7th, 2020 and ending March 31st, 2020. All online entries must be received by Monday, March 31st, 2020, 23:49 EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.SkitheFrost.ca, or www.algonquinoutfitters.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Hosts. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Contest Hosts.
4.1 Number of Entries: Individuals are allowed to enter as many of their unique photos as they wish in this contest. Entering more photos does not allow you to win more than one prize though.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one of the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: A downhill skiing vacation for two including lift passes for one day of skiing at Sir Sam’s Ski and Ride followed by dinner for two at Twin Fires Restaurant and ending with one night of accommodation and breakfast at Stouffer Mill B&B. (The Stouffer Mill 1 night stay is not valid on Saturday nights, valid Sunday to Friday only) - A $450 value.
- 2nd Prize: $250 Gift Card for Algonquin Outfitters
- 3rd Prize: Two nights of winter camping for two including campsite permits, two days of cross country ski trail passes, and two days of cross country ski equipment rental. Or, a $210 gift certificate at Algonquin Highlands Trails for camping permits and/or equipment rentals.
- 4th Prize: Heated Ice Hut rental for four with live bait at Buttermilk Falls Resort - A $200 value
- 5th Prize: $100 Gift Certificate towards an authentic Yours Outdoors experience
Any and all prize-related expenses, including shipping and handling, transportation, trail passes, etc. are the responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Contest Hosts to use Winner’s name, photo likeness, submitted photo(s), and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the voting process.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners for photo contests are selected by public voting in the contest. We encourage you to spread the word about the contest so as many people can vote on the photos submitted. In the case of a tie a random draw (coin flip) will determine the winner(s) between the entries that are tied.
If the Contest Sponsors are unable to reach a winner with in 14 days, that selected entry may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected randomly from among all remaining eligible entries. Only one prize will be awarded per contest winner, household, family, group or organization.
Winners will be subject to a skill testing question prior to being presented with their prize.
Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at the Contest Hosts Discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Contest Hosts, anyone acting on behalf of the Contest Hosts, and their licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the discretion of the Contest Hosts. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Hosts from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Algonquin Highlands Trails and Algonquin Outfitters may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Contest Hosts reserves the right, in their discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the contest host's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, we may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Contest Hosts. The Contest Hosts reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Contest Hosts has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Contest Hosts reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Hosts and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ONTARIO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario, Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Algonquin Outfitters 86 Main Street East, Huntsville, Ontario P1H 2C7, Canada. Requests must be received no later than June 1st 2020.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Campaign are:
Algonquin Outfitters: 86 Main Street East, Huntsville, Ontario P1H 2C7, Canada.
Algonquin Highlands Trails Dept.: 1123 North Shore Rd. Algonquin Highlands, Ontario K0M 1J1
Sir Sam's Ski and Ride: 1054 Liswood Road, Eagle Lake, ON K0M 1M0
Stouffer Mill Bed & Breakfast: 17359 Highway 35, (Halls Lake), Algonquin Highlands, Ontario K0M 1J2
Buttermilk Falls Resort: 16941 Hwy 35, Algonquin Highlands, Ontario
Yours Outdoors: 1344 Barry Line R.R. #1 Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
The Campaign hosted by the Township of Algonquin Highlands and Algonquin Outfitters is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or other platform.